Terms and conditions of enrolment
For your enrolkment to be validated, you must imperatively:
- Have the diploma required for the program you are applying for;
- Sign the enrolment form and pay the deposit;
- Update your administrative file online (a link to the School’s portal will be sent to you later by email to update and complete your administrative and regulatory data)
The commitment to the school
The School undertakes to retain, for the next academic year, a place on the program chosen by the student, provided that a minimum of ten (10) students have registered for the said program by a date determined by the School.
In the event that the minimum number of students indicated above is not reached on the date indicated, the School reserves the right to cancel the chosen training program and to terminate the enrolment, such termination being notified by registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt.
Cancellation of enrolment will result in the refund of any sums paid by the student in respect of the enrolment within fourteen (14) days of notification (date of first presentation) of the cancellation to the student.
The amount of the tuition fees is specified in the Financial Conditions communicated to the student.
The deposit paid by the student is deducted from the outstanding tuition fees.
Tuition fees are due in full and will be payable upon validation of the registration. They may be paid in one of two ways: in a lump sum or in installments, according to the schedule indicated in the Financial Conditions.
In the case of payment by direct debit, the payer must sign the SEPA Direct Debit Mandate.
Any installment unpaid on the due date will result in:
- the loss of any installment payment agreement and payment of all outstanding amounts immediately becoming due;
- the automatic application of penalties corresponding to three (3) times the legal interest rate, as well as a flat-rate compensation of forty (40) Euros for internal collection costs. If the recovery costs actually incurred are higher than this lump sum, additional compensation may be requested upon justification.
Furthermore, in the event of non-payment of an installment, the school reserves the right to cancel the enrolment by registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt.
You have a right of cancellation in accordance with the provisions of articles L.221-18 and following of the French Consumer Code, which you can exercise without having to justify your decision within fourteen (14) days from the signature of this Enrolement form- Registration file.
When the fourteen (14) day period mentioned above expires on a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday or non-working day in France, it is extended until the first following working day.
To cancel, you must send us your decision to withdraw by any suitable means before the expiry of the above-mentioned period, in particular:
- either by e-mail to the e-mail address communicated by the School;
- or by post to the address indicated at the foot of the page.
A cancellation form is made available to you by means of a URL link which will be sent to you by e-mail (or in the appendix of the present document). In the event of cancellation in accordance with the terms and conditions above, you will be refunded the full amount paid in tuition fees.
The refund will be made within fourteen (14) days from the date on which the School is informed of your decision to cancel.
In the event of failure to comply with the aforementioned refund period, the sums due will be increased, in accordance with article L.242-4 of the French Consumer Code.
Procedure of withdrawing
Beyond the aforementioned fourteen (14) day cancellation period, the enrolment is considered final. However, you may cancel your enrolment by registered mail with acknowledgement of receipt to the address indicated at the bottom of the page. Depending on the reasons for the withdrawal and the period within which we are notified of the withdrawal, the enrolment deposit will be refunded to you in accordance with the following terms and conditions.
5.1 Cases of refund of the registration deposit for serious and legitimate reasons:
- Failure to obtain the diploma required for entry into the program, provided that notification of cancellation is sent to us within eight (8) days of the publication of the results, accompanied by a copy of the results;
- Refusal of visa, provided that notification of cancellation is sent to us within eight (8) days after the announcement of the refusal, accompanied by a copy of the refusal.
- Other serious and legitimate reasons notified to the School as soon as possible. The serious and legitimate nature of the reason invoked by the student is left to the discretion of the School, in the light of the supporting documents sent by the student at the same time as the notification of cancellation.
The sums paid will be refunded with the exception of the sum of €90 for the selected certificate made available to you at the end of the above-mentioned withdrawal period.
5.2 Other cases of reimbursement of the registration deposit:
If you are not able to justify serious and legitimate reasons or if you do not meet the above-mentioned conditions, depending on the case, the registration fees may only be partially refunded.
You may request a deferral of your enrolment in the following ways:
- Deferral within the same school year: you must contact your schooling department which will provide you with the necessary documents to regularize this deferral;
- Deferral to another school year: you must contact your administration/schooling department, which will inform you of the procedure to follow. The deposit already paid at the time of your pre-registration/initial registration will be deducted from the tuition fees that will be applicable to you
A student looking for a Funded Contract is considered to be a student in the standard cycle, until the Funded Contract is signed. THE ENROLLMENT FORM – ENROLLMENT APPLICATION FILE MUST THEREFORE BE COMPLETED AND SIGNED TO VALIDATE THE ENROLLMENT.
If such a contract is signed, the sums already paid by the payer as tuition fees for the academic year to be carried out under the Funded Contract will be reimbursed except for the sum of 90 euros (certification fees) at the end.
Dropout, Exclusion, et interruptions of schooling
Any absence for more than six consecutive weeks without justification (for a serious and legitimate reason – decision left to the discretion of the School upon presentation of a justification by the student as soon as practicable) may be considered by the School as a definitive cancellation of the enrolment. Any sums already paid will not be refunded and, in the case of payment in installments, any sums remaining due must be paid immediately.
In case of withdrawal during the year: 01.10.2020
(i) No refunds will be made for amounts already paid,
(ii) In the case of payment in installments, the sums remaining due must be paid immediately, unless there are serious and legitimate reasons for not doing so, (decision at the discretion of the School on presentation of supporting documents).
Should the student be permanently expelled from the school as a sanction in accordance with the School’s internal regulations, the sums already paid will not be refunded and, in the case of payment by installments, the sums remaining due must be paid immediately.
The student acknowledges having been informed of the fact that the School require its students to create works on various tangible or intangible media as part of their course of study.
The student agrees to grant the School, as and when they are created, the right to use his/her works created within the framework of his/her academic course at the School, namely, the right of reproduction, the right of representation and the right of adaptation, as defined below:
a) Right of reproduction
This right includes the right to reproduce directly or indirectly all or part of the works, by any technical process known or unknown to date (in particular by printing, photocopying, computer storage, downloading, digitalization, digital-optical, etc.), on any media known or unknown to date (in particular paper, magnetic, optical, electronic, computer, digital, etc.) and in all formats and all definitions.
b) Right of representation
This right includes the right to represent to the public, exhibit, make accessible, broadcast, communicate and make available to the public all or part of the works in any way, directly or indirectly, by any means known or unknown to date, by all vectors of communication, in particular by digital and information networks (Internet, brochures, posters, social networks, or others), Web TV, electronic, optical and mobile telephone networks, on all media and in all formats and all definitions.
c) (c) Right of adaptation
The rights assigned include in particular,
(i) The right to adapt or to cause to be adapted, directly or indirectly, all or part of the works, in any format and in any definition, including the right to digitize, crop and resize them;
(ii) the right to use one or more of the elements composing the works, either singly or in combination with other works;
(iii) the right to translate or to have translated into any language all or part of the works;
(iv) The right to reproduce, have reproduced represent or have represented all or part of the adaptations provided for in this paragraph (c).
The above-mentioned rights are granted:
- For the purpose of free exploitation, solely within the framework of the communication, presentation and promotion of the School and its programs, in particular during School events, open days, fairs, forums, exhibitions;
- For the entire duration of the academic program at the School, as well as for an additional period of five (5) years from the day on which the student has permanently ceased to study at the School;
- For the benefit of the School and its beneficiaries, completely free of charge, and consequently without any financial compensation or indemnity of any kind whatsoever.
In the event of access to one of the School’s e-learning platforms, the student must first accept the general terms and conditions of use posted online..
Protection of personal data
In accordance with the applicable laws and regulations on the protection of personal data, and more particularly with the French Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978, in its version currently in force, and European Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (GDPR), you have the right to access, rectify, delete, oppose, limit the processing, the right to portability and the right to delete your personal data. These rights can be exercised by sending a letter to the DPO (Data Protection Officer) at the following address: INSEEC U – DPO Service -Immeuble Grenelle – 43 quai de Grenelle – 75015 PARIS
In accordance with the law, the request will be processed within a maximum period of one (1) month following its receipt (extendable by two (2) months in the case of a complex request). It is reminded that abusive requests are punishable by law. You also have a direct means of opposing telephone canvassing by registering on the BLOCTEL opposition list. If you consider that our processing of your personal data is contrary to the legislation in force or to your rights, you have the right to file a complaint with the CNIL (the French National Commission for Data
Protection and Liberties). The persons responsible for processing personal data are jointly the School and the company Organisation et Développement, a simplified joint stock company with a single shareholder with a share capital of 9,041. 900.00, whose registered office is located at Immeuble Greenelle – 43, quai de Grenelle, 75015 Paris, registered with the Paris Trade and Companies Register under SIREN number 445 260 169 (hereinafter “O&D”), which is responsible for centralizing and organizing personal data for all its subsidiaries and more generally for all the schools and entities of the INSEEC U group, and in particular for the School. The personal data collected and processed by O&D/the School jointly in the context of managing your registration are the personal data that you have voluntarily provided in the context of your enrolment. The personal data you have provided will be used (by O&D/the School jointly and its technical service providers) for the following purposes:
– Administrative and commercial management of your enrolment and your schooling within the School (on the basis of Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR, the processing of such personal data being necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party);
– to comply with legal or regulatory obligations, or to follow up on requirements imposed by audits by the tax authorities, at the request of a court or if the disclosure of such data is necessary for the pursuit of an investigation or proceedings against the School and/or O&D (on the basis of Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR);
– Sending by the School of newsletters and commercial offers (on the basis of Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR) if you consent (check box below).
In addition, if you consent (check box below), the School and O&D may disclose your personal data:
(i) to subsidiaries of O&D and more generally to other entities of the INSEEC U. group, as well as to partners of O&D and $CAMPUS_ECOLE$, so that the latter can send you newsletters and commercial offers and in particular information on their own training programs (on the basis of Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR) ;
(ii) to the School’s Alumni Association so that the School may include you in its alumni directory and send you information and invitations to events it organizes (on the basis of Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR).
In all cases where the present General Terms and Conditions of Enrolment provide for the sending of a registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt, it is specified that this registered letter must be a paper registered letter and not an electronic registered letter.
In accordance with Articles L.616-1 and R.616-1 of the French Consumer Code, our company has set up a consumer mediation system. The selected mediation entity is: CNPM – MEDIATION – CONSUMPTION
In the event of a dispute, you can file your claim on its site: http://cnpm-mediation-consommation.eu. 01.10.2020
Or by post by writing to CNPM – MEDIATION – CONSUMPTION – 23, rue Terrenoire – 42100 SAINT ETIENNE – FRANCE
In addition, in accordance with Regulation (EU) No. 524/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 21 May 2013, the European Commission has set up a dispute resolution platform for consumer complaints following an online purchase, at the following address: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr/main/index.cfm?event=main.home.show&Ing=FR
Applicable low et jurisdiction
The law applicable to the present Terms and Conditions is French law. Any dispute arising in connection with the interpretation, execution or termination of this commitment shall be submitted to the competent courts according to the rules of general law.